Aly in Wonderland

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor - Lucy Christopher I read this book years and years ago (before I even know Goodreads existed) and it is by far one of my favourite books of all time.

Beautifully written, captivating (excuse the pun!), it grabs your attention from the very first letter of the very first page and doesn't let go!

Have a couple of my favourite quotes!

“How long will you keep me?" I asked.
You shrugged. "Forever, of course.”

“I made it," you said, gruffly, "for you."

You shoved it onto my finger. It was roughly carved, shaped from a lump of something colourful and cold...a ring made entirely from a gemstone. It was beautiful. It glinted emerald greens and blood reds over my skin, and had tiny flecks of gold catching the light. I couldn't stop staring at it.

"Why?" I asked.

You didn't answer that. Instead you touched the ring gently and looked piercingly at me, unsaid questions in your eyes.”

“Those blue, blue eyes, icy
blue, looking back at me as if I could
warm them up. They’re
pretty powerful, you know, those eyes, pretty beautiful, too.”

“You said you knew the perfect place to run to. A place that was empty of people, and buildings, and far, far away. A place covered in blood-red earth and sleeping life. A place longing to come alive again. It's a place for disappearing, you'd said, a place for getting lost... and for getting found.
I'll take you there, you'd said.
And I could say that I agreed.”

"Right then, and at every moment since you’d left me, all I could think about was you. I wanted you in that apartment. I wanted your arms around me, your face close to mine. I wanted your smell. And I knew I couldn’t—shouldn’t—have it. That’s what I hated most. The uncertainty of you. You’d kidnapped me, put my life in danger … but I loved you, too.”

I KNOW RIGHT? AND WHAT IS THIS I HEAR OF A SUPER-TOP-SECRET-SCREENPLAY-IN-THE-WORKS?

ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME.

Also, chuck in the fact that Mr. Kidnapper is actually Mr. I'm Too Sexy For You With My Washboard Abs And Beautiful Australian Accent then I really don't understand WHY YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS ALREADY.

READ IT!

READ IT GODDAMNIT!

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson 1)
Darynda Jones