Aly in Wonderland

Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? - Sophie Kinsella Read reviews and more at The Beautiful World of Books!

Everyone has a secret. It's completely normal I'm sure I don't have any more than anybody else. I'm not talking big, earth-shattering secrets. Not the-president-is-planning-to-bomb-Japan-and-only-Will-Smith-can-save-the-world type secrets. Just normal, everyday little secrets.

And when she believes she's about to die on a very turbulent plane ride, Emma Corrigan begins spilling all those tiny, nonsense secrets to her very handsome seat partner. Before she knows it, she's told a virtual stranger everything she's been keeping a secret for years and years:

"I'm sorry," I say awkwardly. "You should have stopped me."
"That would have been a little difficult." There's a tiny smile at his lips. "You were on a bit of a roll."
"I'm so embarrassed!" I try to smile, but I can't even look this guy in the eye. I mean, I told him about my knickers. I told him about my G spot.

Needless to say, Emma cannot WAIT to get away from this pretty, mysterious stranger on a pla--

*whispers in ear*

What's that?

*whisper*

*eyes widen* Oh, good Lord.

You see, I've been informed that the stranger on the plane isn't actually a stranger. In fact...

Everyone's attention is focused on some other guy. A guy in jeans and a black turtleneck who's walking out now.
As I stare in fascination, he turns. And as I see his face I fell an almighty thud, as though a bowling ball's landed hard in my chest.
Oh my God.
It's him.
It's the man from the plane.

His name is Jack Harper and he just happens to be the co-founder of Panther Corporation, and he's come to visit.

And he remembers Emma from the plane and all the secrets she decided to spill that fateful day.

This book was hilarious. For the first time in a long while, I found myself awake at 3am, speeding through this little gem, and when I finally finished it and got ready to sleep, I had a huge grin on my face and my brain was doing cartwheels.

It's my first Kinsella book and I am SO glad I lost my Kinsella V-card with [b:Can You Keep a Secret|33724|Can You Keep a Secret?|Sophie Kinsella|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1330464293s/33724.jpg|2888997] I'd been dying to read something of hers for a while, ever since I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic years and years ago. The mixed reviews put me off, though, and I only stumbled upon this book as a Kindle Deal.

I know right?! It was fate!

I love the family relationships, how Emma handles her relationship and how Jack Harper can be so odd. He's such a laugh and I believe every lady needs a Harper in their life.

5/5 stars!

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson 1)
Darynda Jones