Aly in Wonderland

Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice Softcover

Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice Softcover - Jane Austen Read reviews and more at The Beautiful World of Books!

**I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Here's the thing about Pride & Prejudice:

I never enjoyed it. Mostly because the first time, I had to read it under pressured circumstances in school and (as most people will understand) if school tells you you need to do something, it makes you dislike the task immensely. So the first time was a fail.

The second time, my mother bought me a beautiful copy in a charity shop for 50p and I thought, "Since I'm not in school and reading this because I WANT to, maybe I'll feel differently!"

Did I? No, no I did not. I still felt confused, frustrated and annoyed and DNFd the thing at around 200 pages in. It now sits on my shelf, gathering dust and every time I look at it, I shudder.

The third time was when NetGalley approved my request of this little gem. I finished it today, in under 2 hours, as I lay prone on my sofa after eating too much and feeling too bloated to move.

Let me tell you something about [b:Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice|21433253|Manga Classics Pride & Prejudice|Stacy King|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1395616673s/21433253.jpg|40743794]. It was really good. This is definitely something I would recommend people read, especially as a companion novel if they're reading the original P&P. It being a graphic novel stops things from getting too confusing and frustrating, and I found myself hastily scrolling up and down so I could finish it. It was a fast, surprisingly light read.

And the artwork! I love it. It's perfect and captures the essence of the characters in their entirety.

The only thing that annoyed me was how a) I couldn't read this on my Kindle because of the format and b) how the formatting was really, really weird on my computer, which made it annoying to read at time. And if you lost your place, you're doomed. These are understandable problems, which I hope will be fixed by the time it's officially published.

Overall, 4.5/5

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson 1)
Darynda Jones