Aly in Wonderland

Ruin and Rising

Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo

My dearest friends,

I have died. Ruin and Rising is the culprit. From this day forward, I do not know how I will carry on.

Warning: possible spoilers ahead. I will try and tag them where I can.

I hate coming to an end of a trilogy or series. There are guaranteed feels that will pop out and laugh at my misery.

Let me take a moment to flush out the pain caused by my darling, darling Darkling.

I just. I can't. I can't even. I just can't.

Now, let me take a moment to tell Mal to go fuck himself, and tell Alina to jump off a cliff. I'm fucking serious, Alina. You had a choice between the Darkling, Nikolai and Mal, and you chose Mal? MAL? ARE YOU INSANE?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Although I loved Ruin and Rising, I didn't love it as much as Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm. It was too... convenient, too much deus ex machina going on. I can't stand that shit.

At one point, this was me:

Because I just could not believe it. Really? REALLY?! The last amplifier couldn't be the Darkling or Nikolai? IT HAD TO BE MAL?! WHY?!

Needless to say, it carried the heavy disappointment most conclusions do. I wasn't satisfied, and I craved more. More Darkling, more Nikolai (sobs), just more.

Too much scouting, not enough fighting, and the end... I couldn't believe it. Could not fucking believe it.

I'm off to brood and sulk in a corner with a hefty glass of vodka.

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson 1)
Darynda Jones